Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

A trial is a trial

This guest editor post is from one of my oldest friends; 26 years and counting! It's to remind us that in everything there is a choice to be optimistic. Enjoy!

We all go through trials. Some are small and others seem unbearable. Sometimes we have a more negative outlook on life during our trials rather than a positive outlook. I am a pretty optimistic person but sometimes during trials I can get stuck (even if it's for a short period of time) having a negative outlook about the trial I am going through. Like most of us we ask ourselves "Why me?", "Really? Another trial?", "Will this ever end?" , etc. The Lord can and will give us the strength we need to get through our trials. Sometimes we might have to wait for Him but He will always come most of the time it's when we can't bare the trial anymore and we turn to Him for help. Another question I like to ask myself during a trial is "What do I am supposed to learn from this trial?" Sometimes I can't answer that right way but there is something in every trial that will help us grow. They will prepare us for future trials.
Here is a personal experience of little trials that seemed to never end on a road trip I took this past weekend. I was driving from Las Vegas to Utah then to Idaho and then back to Utah in a 2 day span and with a schedule of course. The road trip started out totally fine and then we reach Arizona and the traffic was at a stand still on the highway. We find out the highway was closed due to an accident. We were lucky enough to be by an off ramp and we now were on our way on a detour to Utah. I didn't know how long it was going to take but it added 2 hours to our trip. While we were driving one of the cars in front of us had a license plate cover that said, "Enjoy the Journey" that kept popping in my head the whole trip. We finally get to our destination in Utah drop off my friends and my sister and I start driving to Idaho. It's late at night and we decide we should stop and get a hotel. So I was thinking "Great! We aren't on schedule and I am going to be driving more than I want to the next day." I also was thinking "What else could go wrong?" So we got up the next morning and get on our way to Idaho. When we hit the Idaho boarder the weather becomes BAD! No snow really but the wind was ridiculous! On my way back to Utah I get something stuck in my tire and I have to get out and put a spare on. Luckily some random AMAZING guy stops and asks if he could help! That was truly a blessing! Then I had to drive with my spare on to the next town ( 15 miles away) going no more than 50 mph on the highway. When this happened I was like of course this would happen! I was delayed another 2 hours cause I needed a new tires but where I stopped didn't have the tires I wanted so they had to go to another town to get them. So the trip from Idaho to Utah took me 7 hours instead of the 5 hours it usually does. I was tired due to the lack if sleep I had during the weekend. I honestly said, "I am done!! I hope that is all the delays and detours I have this trip." Then I said, " But I am grateful for my safety!" I finally made it home safely! You might be thinking "Man! Those are little things!" Yes they were but for me it was enough! So later that evening I was thinking about the past 2 days and all the detours, delays and tire problems. And I started comparing my little trials to life. I would like to share that with you. So here it is....Experiences\lessons  from this weekend:
Enjoy the journey. Sometimes we have to take some detours in life but we can always get back on the right path. Also there are bumps in the road that need to be repaired or things need to be replaced and we have the perfect repairman (The Lord) to help patch the holes up. Sometimes our journey can take longer than we plan it to but it's ok cause we will always reach the finish line.
Just remember to Enjoy the Journey!

-Jennifer Glad

No comments:

Post a Comment